Thursday, 26 March 2020

GREEN



The "Spring-time-come-alive" in me wished for pretty flowers and a lovely cake. Above all, I wished that my sweethopes, my family and friends would be around me on March 26, 2020. The date was supposedly super special awesome because it was my birthday. On the contrary, the party did not occur. 

My birthday this year marked the "bluest" celebration ever in my entire life. You know the reason: The pandemic! It was the killjoy and the most shocking limit to my and your movements. Group celebration was forbidden. Whoa! I even canceled my flight bound for the Philippines last March 23. No Graduation. No more book launching. I called off my storytelling session with the indigenous people, the Mangyans of Puerto Galera in Or. Mindoro. I also skipped the feeding program for the Aetas in Mt. Arayat, Pampanga. I told everyone to stay physically distanced from me to be safe as a great help to stop the spread of the virus.

My birthday brought me to silence. I paused and reflected. It also taught me once again the meaning of humility.

During my quiet moment, I thought of something yellowish to add to my bluish feeling. Yellow and Blue produced GREEN! That would be my puff piece. Yeah, to feel good, I wore a GREEN dress. Not my favorite color, though. Nevertheless, it gave me a little bright sign of hope. 

Straight from my heart, the idea of wearing GREEN was my desire to create a spirit of optimism and faith. One day, everything will return to normalcy and freely celebrate milestones. 




Profoundly significant, GREEN deepened my knowledge of our Creator through His Words that would never, ever fade. 

Ting! The leaf in Genesis 8:10-11... That freshly plucked olive leaf came into my mind. It was brought by the dove in the story of Noah's Ark to signify a promise of a new beginning. It was the sign that the great deluge was miraculously over. Fertility, vegetation and fruitfulness began anew. That GREEN leaf symbolized flourishing and growth.



One scriptural quote that I also thought was Psalm 23:2- "He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters."

I noted enlightenments from this particular Psalm:

1) I, myself as a believer, supplicate and wish for something GREEN that provides a peaceful environment. Here, I am made to "lie down". It denotes my safety and fullness.

2) In "green pastures"… There is feeding, satisfying, and replenishing. 

3) In "quiet waters"… the still and gentle waters, noiseless, motionless… I am not frightened. I am given to drink the pure, the Living Water.


GREEN is the color of life- I meditated on that earnestly. It reminded me of breath and zing.

I elevated this matter to the highest level, and I intended to say, "God is LIFE". He is in control of everything. So, I worry not! The Spirit of the Lord will lead and protect me.

Blessed… I revved-up my mind that my "cup runneth over". And that my birthday was an extramundane celebration, the deepest so far and beyond the material world. 

All said, March 26, 2020 became the most meaningful birthday ever in my entire life.

Hey! The telephone rang. Then, the door creaked a bit while I heard the keys jingled.

Oh my! My sweetheart approached me and kissed me. With smiles on his lips, he carried bags of food. How and where on Earth did he get those? He chuckled. It was also our 32nd Wedding Anniversary. Well, I married him on March 26, 1988, that was my birthday. J

Much later in the afternoon, my sweethopes, all observing social distancing, one-by-one delivered food at the lobby of our condo. Amazingly, my mom and family called me up; had fun on the phone; and showered me surprises and unique presents to express their love to me even in this critical time. With these kinds of unusual greetings and expressions, my day unexpectedly turned out super special awesome.

In one breath, yesterday and today, I and members of the family keep on greening, learning, managing our time, and uplifting one another's spirit. I hope you, too.


Lucy Lombos
"Springtime-Come-Alive"




1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to my dear writer freind. I am thrilled to see you fully enjoying your day and your family during this tough time. All that matters is family, love, and health. Keep sharing your live sns wisdom with the world. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete