My Cup Runneth Over
*My Victorian Birthday,
Orchids Wedding Anniversary
and
Easter Celebrations*
THANK YOU!
and
Easter Celebrations*
THANK YOU!
I flipped a page in the 2016
calendar, specifically spotting the special date- MARCH 26, 2016, my birthday!
… And a sweeping question flashed into my mind. “How old are you?” I asked
myself.
It’s funny and true that I don’t want to grow old by just counting the happy,
memorable and challenging years of my existence. But it’s normal to count the
number of years on Earth when birthday comes. Well, let me change it this time.
Hmmm… not counting the age any longer because it doesn’t totally define me and I am not
hemmed into the calendar. Now, it’s all about maturity and experiences in life,
including the hard knocks which from thereon I obtained practical living, wisdom,
mercy and blessings from the Lord.
Funny and true again- I am as young
as the seed of the mustard and as fresh as the early morning of spring. Hence,
I call myself “SPRING-TIME-COME-ALIVE”. I really love the season of spring! For
me, it is the time when I enjoy the beauty and scent of the flowers which are blooming everywhere. That’s a concrete sign of a new life… a beginning. It’s also the
time when I clearly see the fine lines on my face, positively tracing where beaming
smiles have been and where caring expressions have laid eyes on. :)
Furthermore, since March is my
birthday month, please allow me to relay the message of the International
Literacy Association (ILA) whereupon I’m a member for a long time. ILA officially
announced that March is Women’s History Month. It is the time to recognize the
great achievements of BOLD or COURAGEOUS women. Without being conceited, please
consider me as one of them or I could be a silent worker only, a support or shadow to them. However, I assert my rights and
I express myself, too for the welfare of other women, their children and their
motherland(s) by teaching, by storytelling and by writing essays, stories, poems and songs.. In spirit, I also join in the celebration
of the International Women’s Day every March 7, a day that not only highlights
the contributions of women in all spheres but also calls the world’s attention
to the disparity that still exists between men and women in society.
Personally, I am calling here the
attention of the youth, most especially the young girls of today who can be
potential leaders in the future. I believe in you. I was once just like
you, an ordinary girl who tried to make a difference.
In a nutshell before this really
takes long, I would like to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for all the
touching, joyful and warm birthday wishes and prayers you gave and you sent me
via the social media. Moreover, THANK YOU for remembering our 28th “Orchids”
Wedding Anniversary and most of all, THANK YOU for the meaningful Easter
greetings. Alleluia! Christ has risen!
With high hopes and good vibes
coming from you, I’m inspired. I’m now living in the newness of life with my
family. And with Lombosco Academy as my “baby”, I perpetuate first the love of God, then family, the school and the community. Taking
this opportunity, in addition I promote my advocacies, to wit- Literacy, Character Building
and Sustainability for our Environmental, Economic and Social growth.
All these make my “Birthday/Wedding Anniversary
and Easter” (3-in-1) cup runneth over.
- Lucy Lombos
March 26, 2016
P.S. Special thanks to Pierangelo Benedick E. Lombos for giving me the cup from THE GROTTO, Portland, Oregon, USA. :D
- Lucy Lombos
March 26, 2016
P.S. Special thanks to Pierangelo Benedick E. Lombos for giving me the cup from THE GROTTO, Portland, Oregon, USA. :D



No comments:
Post a Comment