Thorns and Throne
by: Lucy Lombos
March 7, 2016
A dream-come-true! Fresh off the Boeing, they say
Mixture of excitement and exhaustion, overwhelming
Spirit high, flesh was weak; writing here to square away
Mind, heart, body all seemed in thorns, silently crying.
Thrill no more but thorns were excruciating
It wasn’t just the body’s prolonged anguish
Burned out, worn out feet due to long standing
Unheard!... Principles sometimes languish.
Thorns everywhere, the heart brambly pierced
So much so that pain was oddly defined
Hurt, wounded, tormented, marred and pricked
In a foreign land, pain is as big as life, or I just whined.
Like a butterfly’s broken wings, unable to fly
Injured but soon finding hope against hope and soar
A harrowed picture with an inscrutable promise to try
To rise again, ere long there’ll be a throne I’ll adore.
Isn’t this akin to the paschal mystery? Oh, far from it!
Incomparable to the sufferings of the Saviour…
His passion, death and resurrection…not just a native wit.
From thorns to a glorious throne, I’ve found God’s favour!

No comments:
Post a Comment