Out of curiosity, I googled the best month of the year. I found out that November topped it all among the 12 months of the year. And from the internet, there are many reasons why November is the best. For one, it is the month in which different elements are equal. For example, it is the perfect balance between autumn and winter. Moreover, fashion is high this month both for male and female fashionistas. Everyone wears hats or maybe toques and bonnets, scarves as well, sweaters or jackets, and boots in this month till winter is over. It becomes colorful this month. Take note, the colors of leaves change, and the roads seem to have carpets of maples or other kinds of leaves in countries with cold climate. In addition, several books are published in this month, and some well-loved books are turned into movies. There are more celebrations, aside from Halloween, it’s the month of Thanksgiving. Black Friday Sale is a buzz. Once Thanksgiving is over, Christmas approaches, time to decorate the house and feel the spirit of giving.
Well, I considered November 2018 as a lucky month for me. Last November 6, I arrived all the way from Vancouver, BC, Canada to do a special mission. Upon arrival, I prepared at once my stuff for my trip to Puerto Galera with Lombosco Tea(m)chers. It was my public speaking engagement, the primary reason why I (with my team) had to cross the sea and travel from Muntinlupa City where I reside when I’m in my home country, the marvelous Philippines. My topics on that seminar were- “Storytelling and Writing 101: A Crash Course on How to Write a Book.” It took place on the 3rd floor of Puerto Galera’s Infirmary.
I performed as a “Witch” (the prettiest witch, eh…joke only). I thought of that to hook my audience and that was appropriate for the story that I used to jumpstart and to elicit from them the storytelling tips. Towards the end, I summarized everything on how to deliver and narrate a good story. By the way, for my props, I used a black hat, black cloak, broomsticks, and my lapel. Creepy yet funny! I laughed out loud, imitating the witch’s devilish laughter. I myself couldn't believe that I was hilariously transformed into a witch.
What made it special and exciting? I got two brilliant guest speakers from Manila and White Rock, BC, Canada namely- the Philippines’ Happiness Guru, Jimmy Belleza and Amazon’s Best Selling Canadian Author, Juliet van Ruyven respectively who impressed the audience. The audience was composed of the local personnel and English teacher-representatives from different Puerto Galera schools. Altogether, we inspired them and motivated them to write, share and narrate their stories, be passionate, chase their dreams and be happy at all times. We had fun but there were also serious moments. In fact, almost everyone cried when we were touched by the speeches of the guest speakers.
As the main organizer and lead speaker, I got a Certificate of Recognition from the Office of the Mayor and Sangguniang Bayan ng Puerto Galera. Besides, I received a Certificate of Appreciation for spearheading the seminar that advocated Puerto Galera Onwards TLC. I highlighted and passionately encouraged the promotion of Tourism, Literacy and Conservation in the International Market- through my authored books, to mention here- The Star of the Sea: A Boat Ride, ‘Ter and Ter’, the Turtle and the Eagle, Happiness 365 and ¼ Days (all three with Puerto Galera as their place setting). I also showed my first published book, The Peso Coin I Kept; followed by The Class Lady Bug. I’ve got five more upcoming books for 2019 and 2020. All ready to be published.
Cheers! I want to thank Hon. Mayor Rockey D. Ilagan, Vice Mayor Lopez, Sangguniang Bayan ng Puerto Galera, Mr. Venancio Yap, Carmela, Karen, Daniel Enriquez, my guest-speakers and PG teachers and our dear Lombosco Academy teachers who were with me, giving me all the support in this big event. Truly memorable!
With my group, together we loved every moment there in the event and our stay at White Beach Resort, owned by Mr. Francisco Magbuhos who showed his sincerest generosity to us. I personally recommend the old and young to choose White Beach Resort for their hotel accommodation.
Fortunately, a lot of good things happened this November. It brought blessings to me because after that, I got into seven more speaking engagements and one book launching event, maximizing my one-month visit here in my country of origin.
I felt blessed. Not my birthday month though but indeed, November is the best.
- Lucy Lombos
November 26, 2018
Philippines
Philippines
*** Please signup for my email list. My email add: luzenlom@gmail.com. My website is www.lucylombos.com. LIKE me on my FB account- Jun N Lucy or follow me on Instagram- Lucy Lombos, and on Twitter which bears the same name, Lucy Lombos.



















No comments:
Post a Comment