The color festival is here! The verdant
leaves turn into orange, yellow, gold, brown, red and purple power. It is this
time of the year when many people bring out from their closet their heavy and
thermal outfit.
One Sunday morning, I went to Joyce
Street in Vancouver and I spotted a young lady named "MC" at the door of the St. Mary’s
Parish. I approached her with a smile. We introduced each other. Cool, we both
came from the Philippines.
Luckily, I got her number. Over the
phone, I discovered that she was born in Manila and migrated in Vancouver in
2014. She graduated from the University of the Philippines with the degree of Bachelor
of Arts in Film, and now almost finished studying in Vancouver for the Motion Picture Arts
Certificate.
I mentioned to her that at our first
meeting, I could sense that she carried herself well with a sense of fashion. I
immediately asked her fashion style and she said, “My fashion style is very versatile,
depending on the occasion or time of the day. But I would say, it is a combination
of being casual and chic.”
Moreover, MC’s fashion statement is
inspired by Filipino Fashion Bloggers. With the use of Instagram, she could
easily check out the bloggers’ feeds and see what’s popular and trendy in the
fashion world.
MC also works at my favorite shop
where I buy my dresses. Working in that famous shop keeps her updated with the monthly
fashion trends. The visual merchandising in that store gives her ideas for good
combinations of clothing.
She told me that her key elements in
fashion are form, color, and texture so she could feel good and be comfortable.
In addition, she said, "I repeat my dresses
and other apparels but I try to make different combinations, especially at this
time of the year when leaves are falling."
Brrr…the air was cold outside when I saw her. MC looked great with
her brown leather jacket on top of the white, classic jacket with a hood. She matched those tops with a
pair of blue denim and tawny boots.
Oh, "F" is Fashion this Fall.
This is just my simple outfit inspiration this year. I fall in love with a plain yet trendy fashion!
-
By Lucy Lombos
Please LIKE my FB account- "Jun N Lucy"
Please FOLLOW me at my Instagram account- "Lucy Lombos"
|
|
|

No comments:
Post a Comment